We've Moved! Join Us!

Haul: Sephora, ULTA, ACW

A couple of months ago I went on a US online shopping spree of my own and picked up some things that I've had my eye on for awhile and then some.


So I was definitely super excited to get my packages.  Don't be fooled.  The boxes may be big but it was 90% padding except the package from ULTA which was quite nicely packed without the need of way too much padding.




I absolutely love ACW.  There's just a lot of brands to choose from and it's a great place to look for discontinued products.  You might also find current items at lower prices (L'Oreal Studio Secrets Perfecting Primer was $7.99 and retails at $12.99!).

Anyways, I decided to pick up a couple of MAC eye shadows which I believe were limited edition.  Pollinator is from the Naked Honey Collection.  It's a frost color and as you can see from the dry swatch above barely shows up on my skin.  This is a nice sheer peach color that would definitely work great as a brow bone highlight paired with strong eye looks.  Then I also got Deep Shade from the Brunette, Blonde, Redhead Collection which is pretty much a deep dusty blue color and appears quite sheer when applied dry.  Both colors look beautiful in the pan with little color payoff on skin.  That said, it might have more pigmentation if applied over top a sticky base.



Next, I decided to get Shy Girl lipstick which is as pictured, a light peachy beige color.  This works perfectly for a fresh neutral look.  I loved that the color was in a cremesheen formula which is my favorite kind of lipstick from MAC apart from glazes.  I believe this was originally $12.99 but I snapped it up when it was marked down to $10.99.


For making a purchase of more than $40 during the promotion period, ACW sent an additional free gift.  The free gift was chosen at random and I got the Maybelline Lip Polish in my package.  It's a neutral peachy beige gloss with shimmer.  I haven't opened it up yet so I can't really share more info on texture and swatches.

From Sephora:



Yup!  I got me the Urban Decay Naked palette ($44).  *smiles*  I love the color payoff of UD eye shadows and this palette was no exception.  In my opinion, this is definitely a great palette to own for anyone if you don't already own something similar.  You get 12 beautiful shades including 2 matte colors and a mix of satin and shimmery shades to help create neutral, glamorous and smokey eyes.

Here are the swatches:




Aren't the colors just amazing?  The palette also comes with a double ended 24/7 Glide On Pencil and a mini Eye Shadow Primer Potion:



I know I should've probably picked this up while browsing in Selfridges last June, but after much thought, I decided to get the cult fave NARS Orgasm Blush ($26):


I love the color!  The texture is very smooth, it's not too shimmery (actually gives a soft sheen/glow) and works will with my skin tone.  Color pigmentation is good and can be applied in layers to build intensity.  I've also done comparison swatches with other blushes that I own and I'd say MAC's Hipness blush comes pretty close.  Packaging-wise, I would've preferred it to be less velvety because powder products (and dust) do tend to cling on to the surface.

After realizing I had a darker shade for my skin tone of the Hello Flawless powder ($34) I'd been raving about, I decided to get another one in a lighter shade (swatched in Sephora during my day trip to Singapore in July):



The last thing that I got from Sephora was the Smashbox lip gloss set which were $25 for 8 mini glosses.  I love mini glosses because I don't use a whole lot of lip gloss, it's nice to get some that weren't full size with too much product than I'll ever get to use.  Getting it in a set gives me the opportunity to have a range of colors too!


The items are still sitting nicely in the packaging as pictured above so I don't have swatches yet and I can't share information on the texture and opacity of the glosses.  Nonetheless, I'm excited to try these and loved the fact that these were named Naked Beauty, hence being nice neutral colors.

If you've seen my Current Faves video/post, you'll see that I love the Jennifer Lopez Live Platinum which is a limited edition perfume from 2008 Winter.  I can't find this perfume anywhere here so off I went to Amazon and got me 2 bottles as back ups for only $19.99 each!



Last but not least, my ULTA orders:




Yup, I've gotten a few mascaras, one of which is my absolute favorite mascara of all time, Maybelline's Full 'N Soft in Brownish Black as back up.  Also thought I'd try the super raved about CG Lash Blast (unopened) and L'Oreal Voluminous (unopened).  Can't remember the prices but these were all definitely below $10 each.



Since I do experience redness every once in awhile, I thought the L'Oreal Studio Secrets Anti-Redness primer would serve to be useful.  I haven't had a chance to use it yet but I'll definitely review it once I do.  It comes in a pump tube.  Another face product I got is the L'Oreal Translucide Loose Powder which works quite well to set foundation/concealer and mattify skin.  It has a sort of baby powder scent to it though.  It comes with a pretty thin puff which I wish had a little strap for my fingers to slip into to make it easier to apply the powder.


Although Revlon Matte Eye Shadow is available in Malaysia, the color Vintage Lace isn't.  This is just your basic matte off white eye shadow that would be nice to highlight the brow bone with especially with shimmery or sparkly eye looks.  Texture is slightly powdery (not too surprising since it's a matte shade) yet silky smooth but blends easily.

Lastly, a couple of NYX palettes that were too tempting to pass up:



All the swatches were made on dry skin without a primer or a base and they showed up pretty well.  If you have dry lids, I strongly recommend using the eye shadows over top a cream base to help the product adhere better.  These shadows swatched beautifully yet on my eyes I needed to layer it quite a bit for the color to show and even then I found it a bit too dull for my taste even with primer.  Will be using a creamy base next time round I use these.

Anyways, here are the 3 free samples that shipped with my order:


So that's all the stuff that I got.  Mind you, these items were bought over some time before they were all received and shipped to me.  Let me know if you have any questions about the above products or if you have a product suggestion or recommendation.

Til my next post/video, have a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...