We've Moved! Join Us!

Quick Review: elf Nail Polish in Innocent

Some time back I'd purchased a whole bunch or elf products during their 60% off sale.  Here's a look at one of the nail polishes that I purchased, Innocent (which costs US$0.40 after discount!):


elf Essential Nail Polish (Innocent)
Net Weight: 0.35 fl oz
Price: US$1.00 each
Availability: eyeslipsface.com

I like the color, a nude polish with hints of pink undertones.  It's a nice classic color and one that would take sometime before I get bored of.  Personally I think this is a very demure feminine shade that works well with those with light and medium skintones if you want that nude nails effect.  As you can see from the photo above, it's the perfect nude shade for me.

I had to layer 3 coats of this formula to achieve a decent degree of opacity.  As far as consistencies go, I would describe it to be midway between being too runny and too thick.  It applies pretty streaky for me though but it wasn't something I would complain too much about considering how inexpensive the product was.

The painted color isn't quite true to the shade you see in the bottle or the swatch on the elf website (however, the actual color in the bottle and the online swatch looks fairly close.

Swatch from the elf website.

The formula is said to be free of the following ingredients/components:

  • Toluene
  • Formaldehyde
  • Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)

Product claims:

  • Chip resistant and long lasting with high shine
  •  Aerodynamic bristles that glide on flawlessly
  • Quick dry
At the moment I can't vouch for their first claim but I'll update on my findings at a later date.  As for the bristles, I didn't find it difficult to apply the polish and I would say it was quite easy to use despite being a bit streaky.  I wouldn't say that the formula is entirely as quick drying as they'd like us to believe but it didn't take long to wait to apply the 2nd and 3rd coat in my case.  The formula is also infused with Vitamin E which is a great moisturizing ingredient so hopefully I won't be experiencing any dry nails after taking this off.

NOTE: This polish was applied with a coat of Rimmel Stronger Try Harder Base Coat and a coat of Sally Hansen Dries Instantly 30 Second Top Coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...