|Book of Shadows Vol. III (2010)|
Yesterday, they released an updated version of the palette named the Book of Shadows Vol. III Redux at a lower price point of US$39 (originally priced at US$54) with 16 eye shadows, an eye liner pencil and a mini Primer Potion. Once again this is a limited edition palette and according to Urban Decay, it won't be restocked.
In addition to the exclusion of the 24/7 Eye Liner Pencil in Ransom in the latest release, Urban Decay has also made some changes to the eye shadows included in this palette.
|Book of Shadows Vol. III (2010)Photo source: Temptalia|
Below are images of the eye shadows in the 2012 version from the Urban Decay website with close ups:
7 Colors included from the 2010 version:
- Uzi - Whitish silver with flecks of silver glitter
- Midnight Cowbow Rides Again - Light pink champagne with silver glitter
- Last Call - Metallic sugar plum
- Rockstar - Deep aubergine
- Haight - Dark teal with shimmer
- Maui Wowie - Metallic golden beige with silver glitter
- Smog - Deep coppery bronze
9 New shades introduced in the 2012 version:
- Oil Slick - Black with silver micro glitter
- Stray Dog - Cool metallic ash brown
- Mildew - Mossy green with gold shift
- SWF - Pale cotton candy pink with silver micro glitter
- Aquarius - Aqua green with shimmer
- Goddess - Navy blue with silver shimmer [ exclusive ]
- Sin - Champagne
- YDK - Bronzed mocha with silver micro glitter
- Ecstasy - Bright purple with slight pink tint
Most of these colors are available from UD's Vintage Eyeshadows line up while some are from their new Eyeshadow range. I'm assuming Goddess is a color exclusive to this palette (or a repromote) because I can't find it in either single eye shadow collections or in other palettes (no, it's not in the Vice palette either).
I think it's a nice redo to the palette although I'm not quite sure if it was necessary to make a spin off off an older palette or if they should've just released it as a whole new palette on its own. The colors in the Redux version is in my opinion a lot more wearable and versatile. They could've thrown in a couple of matte shades in there as well for balance but that's just me.
Would I be rushing to get this palette? Unfortunately, no. I've opted for the Vice palette instead which introduces 20 brand new shades in a sleek package and comes with a double ended eye brush. I'll be sure to post my thoughts with product photos and swatches once I receive my palette.