We've Moved! Join Us!

Day 4: Your Favorite Foundation

Alrighty then.  If you follow me on Twitter, you would've read my tweet about the delay and that I'd be posting the missing days posts when I get back from my trip (which was yesterday.. oops!) and so let's get started with this.


OK so there are a bunch of products I love for my foundation but as you can see, they're kinda different types of foundation.  *wink wink*

Favorite Mineral Foundation - Revlon ColorStay Mineral Founation SPF10 (0.35oz/9.9g)
When I was getting this I'd actually considered it's L'Oreal and Maybelline alternatives but this particular one won hands down because of the texture of the powder which I found to be super silky and the fact that the brush comes in the swivel cap and was probably the softest of the 3 choices.  I also loved the fact that there was no mineral-ish scent coming from the product too unlike the other 2.  Very nice.

Favorite Liquid Foundation - Revlon ColorStay Makeup with SoftFlex SPF6 (1 fl oz/30ml)
This is quite the cult favorite I believe and I just had to try it out.  We don't have the formula for Nomal/Dry skin though.  I have combination skin so the Combination/Oily skin formula worked out just fine.  And honestly, you really do only need a little bit of the product and the coverage is I would say medium to full (very buildable).  However, I'd still say that although it doesn't settle into pores, it doesn't stick well to areas like the tip of my nose.  Could've just been the brush I used to apply.  Will definitely try again but I love the finish and how natural it looks on my skin.

Favorite Gel Foundation - Maybelline Clear Smooth Aqua (1.01 fl oz/30ml)
This is a water based foundation and is 100% oil free.  It also contains chamomile, aloe and vitamin E.  For one thing, the shade that I bought matches my skin perfectly and blends so well.  It gives good coverage and is perfect for everyday wear.  I used to love my MAC Studio Sculpt (which gives a beautiful finish) but I've gone a shade or two darker from the uber hot sun here that I can't enjoy the product as much these days.  Anyways, this drugstore alternative is great for those of you who have combination/oily skin.  It stays on quite well too.  Only thing is you'll need to apply some sunscreen in the day time cos it doesn't come with SPF.

Favorite Powder Foundation - Benefit Hello Flawless SPF15 (0.25oz/7g)
I totally fell in love with this product from the first time I tried it out at the counter.  This product is amazing.  Only a light dusting of the product on my skin took away some of the redness and brightened as well as evened out my skin tone.  You can use this with a sponge for a heavier, fuller coverage or with a brush for a lighter more light to medium coverage.  It comes in 9 shades (previously only 6).  I like the fact that it looks oh so natural on the skin.

Favorite Cream Foundation - Revlon New Complexion One Step Make Up (0.35oz/9.9g)
This is another new found love.  I've never used cream foundation before and I'd originally bought it while searching for products to include in my kit.  So I had to try it out first before committing on getting the other colors.  We only have 4 shades here in Malaysia but a whole range of shades in the US.  Anyways, I thoroughly loved how smooth the product spread and blended on my skin.  It looks so incredibly natural and made my skin look perfectly flawless and smooth.  The only downside though is I have to use a mattifying base before the foundation and a translucent powder to set for it to not look so greasy on me especially if I'll be sweating a lot.  Other than that, it's divine!

Now that was a long list of fave foundations.  Do we have common favorites?  What foundation do you absolutely love at the moment?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...