We've Moved! Join Us!

Lips & Nails: Going Pink

The Lady Gaga Viva Glam lipstick and lipglass that came out by MAC last year was a cult favorite.  I wasn't too keen on it thought because pale/light shades don't look that well on my lips.  Still, at the end of last year I decided to pick up the Gaga lipglass and as expected, it wasn't the best color on me per se.

I was sitting around in my room and thought that I should try to pair it with one of my lipsticks and make the color work.  The result...

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in 423 Pink Velvet (Creme)
MAC Viva Glam Gaga Lipglass (2010)

I applied the Revlon lipstick as the base color and then topped it off with the Gaga lipglass from the centre and spread it outwards.  It gives a bit of dimension to the lips too being lighter in the center and darker outwards.  I like this combo.  And I'm super happy that the lipglass purchase was not in vain.

Another thing I tried out this week was the ombre nails trend which I saw on the Elle and Blair website here.  It wasn't perfect but I think it didn't turn out as bad as I thought it would:

China Glaze Nail Polish in
1. Something Sweet (Pale pink-lavender)
2. Sugar High (Candy pink)
3. Heli-Yum (Bright magenta-pink)

My version isn't as smoothly transitioned as the photo on their website (which I will attempt soon) but I kinda like it with the somewhat splatter effect.  Directions and steps on how to create ombre nails is available on their website too.

Blair replied too. She's sweet.
Her twitter: @juicystar007

Tried anything new lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...