We've Moved! Join Us!

Sleek iDivine Eyeshadow Palette - Original & Storm

I purchased these two Sleek eyeshadow palettes some time back from Crush Cosmetics.  I've heard a lot of hype about these palettes and could have knocked myself on the head for passing up the opportunity to pick 'em up while I was on vacation in London last year.  I distinctly remembered seeing it and not even swatching the colors.  Anyways, I've managed to get them now and here they are:


The palettes come in a slim matte black hard plastic case which feels quite durable and perfect for travelling.  You get 12 eyeshadow shades in each palette and there are definitely a variety of palette themes to choose from.  If you're more interested in limited edition versions however, I'd suggest searching on eBay (some sellers ship internationally).  Sleek Makeup is a London based company and is available at selected stores in the UK, France and Africa.














These are highly pigmented mineral based eye shadows and I must say the color pay off is amazing.  The matte shades weren't as soft as the more shimmery shadows though but that's not uncommon in most matte colors.  I like that the matte shades are more neutral picks of the palette.

The shimmery colors have a soft texture and you can pick up the colors very easily and they are very blendable too.  You'll need to be a little careful though because of the soft texture, you can definitely expect some fall out during application.  If you're using a brush, tap of the excess before applying the colors to your eyes.  I'm guessing that may be the reason why the palette comes with sponge tip applicators as the colors are less likely to be all over the place.

The original palette offers more color variety and can be used to make quite a number of looks.  I couldn't resist getting the Storm palette which has an array of more muted shades which I find to be more of an everyday palette.  It has a good selection of neutral shades as well as a little color too.  The colors are vibrant and incredibly potent, I can't wait to play around with these.

The thing about this palette though that I would've liked is if the shades had names (or a numbering system?).  I read on a blog somewhere though that Sleek has come out with new batches of the product with the color names based on that particular bloggers name suggestions.  You can check out her blog here.

Recently, I saw Sara (a.k.a. icyabstract) hauling a couple of their blushes and I'm so tempted to get my hands on a couple of their matte shades.  Looks gorgeous and it's about RM36/each I believe on Crush Cosmetics.  We'll see.  Let me know if you already have them (or these palettes) and what you thought of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...