We've Moved! Join Us!

First Impression: Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush

While in the States a month ago, I got to see up close and swatch the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush.  I had relatively high expectations for this blush and was already thinking of getting one or two (or more) especially after hearing such good things about it and seeing it on one of emilynoel83's videos awhile back.

Photo source: Sephora

Here are some keywords from the product review on Sephora.com:


Excited lil ole me went swatch happy at Sephora when I spotted the Tarte display.  I know a lot of people have been singing praises for this particular product but sadly for me, it completely did not meet my expectations.  I was rather disappointed at the color payoff from the swatches and ended up buying none.

For every color that I had swatched from the display, I could barely get any product on my skin.  And for the swatches that I did managed to pick up some color, it completely disappeared when blended into my skin.  The texture was hard and powdery and not at all buttery or creamy.  Of course it being clay based I guess I should've expected it though.

I might eventually try an order a color in the future to re-evaluate the product and try picking up color with a brush instead.  I imagine if a brush would be able to pick up the color, it would look beautiful and natural blended on the skin (maybe even with a cream blush base?).

The blush comes in 8 shades in Sephora and retails for US$25 each.

Have you tried this product? Love it or hate it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...