We've Moved! Join Us!

MAC Cinematic Collection: Reel Drama (Mini Haul)

The MAC Cine-Matics Collection recently launched here featuring their lip, eye and brush sets.  I wasn't planning on getting anything but I did end up buying a set which I'm sharing with you here.


The Reel Drama Lip Bag set (RM165, available at all MAC counters in Malaysia) includes a zippered make up bag, a lipstick, a lip liner pencil and a gloss.  There were 4 sets to choose from and product photos and swatches of the those as well as the other items in the collection are available at KarlaSugar.net.


I believe in the US these are part of the Nordstrom 15th Anniversary celebration and is not available for purchase on the MAC website.  Anyways, the one set that I was attracted to was Reel Drama.  I felt Pillowtalk (lipstick) from the Overnight set was a bit too dark and brown for me and it's not the kind of lip colors that I go for.  The other two sets had lighter (paler) shades of pink and beige that normally just doesn't work too well on me.  Plus, I already have the Innocence Beware lipstick in the It's A Girl set from the Venomous Villain collection promo.

PRODUCT PHOTOS

Cremesheen Lipstick in Reel Drama

Cremestick Liner in Softwood 

Dazzleglass Creme in Scenestealer

Dazzleglass brush tip applicator

Dazzleglass color close up

SWATCHES

(L-R) Reel Drama (Lipstick), Softwood (Liner), Scenestealer (Gloss)
- Click image to enlarge -

For the Reel Drama lip bag set, you get:
  • Cremesheen Lipstick in Reel Drama - a mauve-rose color with a creme finish
  • Cremestick Liner in Softwood - a deep wine color
  • Dazzleglass in Scenestealer - a peach-coral gloss with light pink and silver glitter
  • Diagonal-zip kuboid bag/pouch

I've always loved MAC's cremesheen lipstick formula and this color is a nice addition to my lipstick collection.  I didn't realize it but I don't own any mauve lipsticks.  The closest shade that I have to it is NYX Round Lipstick in Thalia which is more mauve (and more opaque might I add).  It reminded me of MAC's Fanfare but Fanfare is definitely a lot more pink.

Seeing Softwood swatched, I wasn't expecting it to be as deep a color as it turned out on my lips.  I will definitely be pairing it with a lighter lipstick (perhaps one that is too pale for me?) or gloss to balance it out.

As for Scenestealer, I like the color but I'm not much of a fan of glittery glosses.  However, that aside I think the texture is nice and slightly tacky.  I didn't like the brush applicator which looked a bit messed up (my theory is it's caused by the twisting motions when you open and close the cap) and would have preferred a regular doe foot or sponge applicator instead.  The glitter particles were not gritty so that was a good thing but when I removed it, I had some sparkle residue on my lips and all around.

In order of application:
Softwood (Liner), Reel Drama (Lipstick), Scenestealer (Gloss)
- Click image to enlarge -

Reel Drama (lipstick)
- Click image to enlarge -

I love the lipstick on it's own as the color is lighter and top it off with a complementing gloss.  Putting on all the lip products in the set all together for me is a bit too dark for my liking.  I might try the lip liner with the gloss though.

PRODUCT VALUE & THOUGHTS

The set offers at least RM50 of savings plus it comes with a free bag.  Personally though, I think if you like the color combo and the product finishes, it's worth a buy.  It's not what I would classify as a must buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...