We've Moved! Join Us!

Sigma Dare Palette

Now for another post for the new line of Sigma eyeshadow palettes, this time featuring the Dare palette.

Dare Palette (sleeve and palette)

Dare Palette (opened)

This palette also comes in the same type of packaging as the Flare palette, 8 warm shade selection and a double ended brush (E20 Short Shader Brush and the E45 Small Tapered Blending Brush).


COLOR AND SWATCHES

Click on image to enlarge

(L-R) Surrender, Grasp, Chase, Escape

(L-R) Reveal, Catch, Shout, Vanish

  • Surrender - Deep wine with purple-fuschia reflects
  • Grasp - Peachy coral with gold shimmer
  • Chase - Pearlized pink cream with a purple base
  • Escape - Dusty beige gold
  • Reveal - Burgundy with a bronze base
  • Catch - Matte terracotta
  • Shout - Matte vibrant amber yellow
  • Vanish - Shimmery pale yellow gold

These colors remind me of autumn and I think the colors in the palette are inspired by the season.  The name of the palette I think is quite spot on as the color combination in this set is bold and not your usual go to kind of palette.

Half of the colors have a satin finish while the other half is a mix of matte, shimmer and pearl finishes. The colors were fairly easy to blend but aren't the best when it comes to layering colors.  The individual shades themselves are buildable in terms of intensity though.

That being said, I felt that this was the palette that I was having trouble working with.  The colors look amazing in the pan but color payoff wasn't amazing.  I don't think that these colors can be used wet for more intensity either and I recommend using a creamy base instead to bring out the colors as seen in the pan.

Personally, I would've preferred if the palette came as a quad with Surrender, Grasp, Reveal and Catch and without the brush.  When trying to create a look using only the colors in this palette, I barely touched the brush that came with it.  The E20 came in handy for applying color on my lower lashline but even that could've been done with a regular shader brush like the E55. I also found that I was using a lot more of my E25 too.

I love Sigma brushes but was actually quite disappointed with the one included with Dare.  The E20 was harsh and prickly and the bristle fibre seems to be bluntly cut at the tip instead of a naturally tapering (as should be with natural fibres).

THE LOOK

This palette for me was a bit tricky to create a look for.  I tried several different color combinations but it just didn't look right for me which was the main cause for the delay for this post and I apologize.

Anyways, here's a day and night look using the Dare palette.

Left: Day Look; Right: Night Look

Day Look (close up)

For the day look, I used the Benefit Stay Don't Stray eye primer and the following:

  • Grasp - 2/3 of lids (middle to outer corner) and lower lash line
  • Reveal - outer corner and 2/3 inwards below brow bone and 1/3 on lower lash line
  • Vanish + Escape - inner corners
  • Escape - brow highlight
  • Surrender - line upper lash line (on top of black kohl liner)

Night Look (close up)

The night look is a darker version of the day look and I used the MAC Vibrancy Eye Primer and the following:

  • Reveal - 2/3 of lids and lower lash line
  • Surrender - outer corner and 2/3 inwards above my crease (or at the eye socket) and 1/3 on lower lash line
  • Vanish - inner corners
  • Chase - brow highlight
  • Black kohl liner to line the eyes (upper lash line only)

Disclaimer: The Sigma eyeshadow palette was sent to me by the company for review consideration as a selected affiliate. I do not receive any monetary compensation or am I biased or influenced to provide positive feedback on the product. The thoughts and opinions stated are my own and based on my own experience and tests.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...